LAFP Student & Resident Conference
August 4-5, 2017
The Roosevelt Hotel
New Orleans, LA
The LAFP will host a poster competition during the 70th Annual Assembly and Exhibition that will be held at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans August 3-6, 2017. The purpose of the competition is to profile our family medicine residents and students, provide a venue to share research activities and encourage networking among our medical students, residents and active members.
The deadline to submit posters has now passed. Accepted poster submissions will be notified by June 23, 2017. Accepted submissions will be displayed during Annual Assembly beginning Thursday, August 3, 2017.
To enter the LAFP poster competition, medical students and family medicine residents must be:
- Currently enrolled in an ACGME/AOA accredited residency program or LCME/COCA accredited medical school.
- An active member in good standing of the Louisiana Academy Family Physicians and of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Willing to attend the 2017 Annual Assembly to be held at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans on Friday, August 4, 2017 (evening event) and Saturday, August 5, 2017 and be present at their displays during select hours for the presentation of awards.
- The subject of the poster presentation must be of value to family medicine and within the scope of family medicine. It may be based on course work or an extracurricular project.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application. The printed poster is not needed until Annual Assembly, if accepted.
- Research projects from 2016 are eligible for submission.
- Abstracts are encouraged but not required.
Instructions for Submission
The information listed below will be needed for your submission.
- Poster Title:
- Author Name(s):
- Contact Information:
- Short poster title (40 character maximum)
- Short abstract text (200 word maximum)
- Full abstract that includes the following: (is encouraged, but not required)
- Project description
- Objectives and purpose
Poster judging is a two-tier process.
Application and abstracts will be peer-reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness and relevance to family medicine
- The originality of the project
- Clarity of the presentation
- Validity of conclusions
2. On-site Poster Presentation
- If accepted for presentation, poster authors will be invited to display their posters at the 70th Annual Assembly and Exhibition (see display information below).
- Authors will be required to staff their poster display during select exhibit hours at Annual Assembly.
- On-site judging will be held on August 4th during select exhibit hours.
- Entries accepted for presentation will be displayed in the LAFP Exhibit Hall.
- Displays will be limited to one side of a 4' x 8' tack board. The recommended poster size is 3' x 4'. Download the guidelines for creating and displaying successful posters.
- Costs associated with travel, printing, shipping, etc will be the responsibility of the authors.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded on Saturday, August 5, 2017.