Resident & Student Conference at the CONNECT FamMed Spring Summit
Saturday, March 3, 2018
The Westin Canal Place
New Orleans, LA
The LAFP will host a poster competition during the Resident & Student Track of the Spring Summit held at the The Westin Canal Place in New Orleans March 3-4, 2018. The purpose of the competition is to profile our family medicine residents and students, provide a venue to share research activities and encourage networking among our medical students, residents and active members.
The deadline to submit posters is Friday, January 12.
Accepted poster submissions will be notified by Friday, January 19. Accepted submissions will be displayed during the Career Fair & Expo beginning Saturday, March 3, 2018 thru the evening Reception with Exhibitors where the winners will be announced.
To enter the LAFP poster competition, medical students and family medicine residents must be:
- Currently enrolled in an ACGME/AOA accredited residency program or LCME/COCA accredited medical school.
- An active member in good standing of the Louisiana Academy Family Physicians and of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Willing to attend the 2018 Spring Summit to be held at the Westin Canal Place in New Orleans on Saturday, March 3, 2018 thru the Reception with Exhibitors that concludes at 7:00 p.m. that evening where displays displays will be presented and winners announced.
- The subject of the poster presentation must be of value to family medicine and within the scope of family medicine. It may be based on course work or an extracurricular project.
- All projects must be completed at the time of application. The printed poster is not needed until Spring Summit, if accepted.
- Research projects from 2017 are eligible for submission that have not already been submitted to previous LAFP Poster Competitions.
- Abstracts are encouraged but not required.
Instructions for Submission
The information listed below will be needed for your submission.
- Poster Title:
- Author Name(s):
- Contact Information:
- Short poster title (40 character maximum)
- Short abstract text (200 word maximum)
- Full abstract that includes the following: (is encouraged, but not required)
- Project description
- Objectives and purpose
Poster judging is a two-tier process.
Application and abstracts will be peer-reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness and relevance to family medicine
- The originality of the project
- Clarity of the presentation
- Validity of conclusions
2. On-site Poster Presentation
- If accepted for presentation, poster authors will be invited to display their posters at the Career Fair & Expo at the Spring Summit (see display information below).
- Authors will be required to staff their poster display during select exhibit hours at Spring Summit.
- On-site judging will be held during the exhibition hours on Saturday, March 3 and announced at the Reception with Exhibitors from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Entries accepted for presentation will be displayed in the Career Fair & Expo.
- Displays will be limited to one side of a 4' x 8' tack board. The recommended poster size is 3' x 4'. Download the guidelines for creating and displaying successful posters.
- Costs associated with travel, printing, shipping, etc will be the responsibility of the authors.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded on Saturday, March 3, 2018.