The LAFP Foundation was back again this year with the raffle selling tickets to raise funds for its many missions throughout the year. The LAFP Foundation operates solely on generous donations and fundraisers like the annual raffle and auction. This year’s raffle brought in $13,800 in ticket sales. Ten lucky winners were pulled at the Foundation Auction & President’s Party to win a variety of prizes.
- $1,500 CASH – Margaret Laborde
- 7-Day Cruise – Kenny Laborde
- Samsung 50" Ultra HD Smart TV – Bailey Laborde
- iPad – Paul Rachal, MD
- Apple Watch – Kenneth Brown, MD
- iRobot Roomba 690 – Jonathan Hunter, MD
- RTIC 45 Cooler – Dr. Coates
- Vera Bradley Luggage Set - Jonathan Hunter, MD
- Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones – Jessica Sonnier, MD
- Amazon Echo with Alexa – Fallon McManus, MD
Congrats to all the winners and thank everyone who purchased a ticket.
The proceeds from the Foundation raffle and all donations to the LAFP Foundation support various state and national programs that contribute to family medicine awareness and involvement. Additionally, the Foundation provides various scholarships for residents and medical students for their studies and pays for resident and student delegates to attend conferences and other educational events.
To donate to the LAFP Foundation, mail a check payable to the LAFP Foundation to 919 Tara Blvd.., Baton Rouge, LA 70806.