- The Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians (LAFP) will provide non-member faculty with an honorarium as negotiated between the two parties.
- Member faculty will be offered a choice of a waived meeting registration fee or an honorarium equivalent to the registration fee. LAFP members are encouraged to present at all educational meetings.
- No additional amounts connected with the preparation of manuscripts or illustrative materials, including duplications, slides, etc., used in the speaker’s presentation will be paid.
- The Academy is required by the Federal Government to issue Form #1099-MISC to each speaker that receives money from the Academy. This is related to honoraria only.
- Your Social Security Number is required.
- If traveling by air, LAFP will reimburse the lowest round-trip coach fare available 30 days prior to presentation date.
- Travel by automobile is reimbursed at $0.545 per mile, only to and from the engagement, and only up to and not exceeding equivalent airfare. Note: Mileage reimbursement will fluctuate based on IRS guidelines.
- No reimbursement for auto rentals/mileage incurred onsite or travel related repair work is permitted.
- Airport parking, shuttle services and on-site parking will also be reimbursed by LAFP (for 2 days – presentation & travel day).
- When a speaker lives in the convention city, no transportation expenses will be paid.
- It is the presenter’s responsibility to make your own travel and lodging arrangements
- The Academy reimburses for one night’s hotel lodging at the cost of the published single room hotel rate at the convention hotel.
- Presenters are responsible for making their own room reservation by contacting the hotel directly. When a speaker checks out of the hotel, he/she will pay or accept the charges on the bill.
- Room block details will be provided to all faculty members.
- When a speaker checks out of the hotel, he/she will pay or accept the charges on the bill.
- When a speaker lives in the convention city, no lodging will be paid.
The LAFP will reimburse a speaker for meals, at a maximum amount of $50 per day (itemized receipts required), enroute and during the day(s) he/she is required to be in the convention city for the LAFP program. When a speaker lives in the convention city, no meal expenses will be paid.
The Academy reimburses a speaker for tips and airport parking fees for the day(s) the speaker is required to be at the meeting by reason of his/her appearance on the program.
The Academy does NOT reimburse the following:
- Personal car rentals, charter planes, helicopters, side trips.
- Travel and meals for spouse, children.
- Personal long-distance telephone calls.
- Personal entertainment, such as movies in hotel room, room service, etc.