Share Your Expertise with Your Colleagues.....
The LAFP's Committee on Education is now accepting proposals for CME sessions for the 71st Annual Assembly to be held July 5-8, 2018 at the Baytowne Conference Center, San Destin Beach Resort, Destin, FL. The deadline to receive proposals is January 31, 2018.
Proposals submitted for course/sessions should be based on content that addresses clinical practice gaps, educational needs, content areas, and learning objectives. The session should also be at the appropriate level of rigor for practicing family physicians. Additionally, the session will be incorporated into the overall Assembly CME application that will be reviewed by AAFP. The content should be created in accordance with AAFP style and editorial guidelines and intellectual property requirements that:
- is based on the most current evidence-based recommendations and guidelines
- is clinically relevant to family medicine with appropriate level of rigor for practicing physicians
- is designed to change practice behaviors
- addresses practice barriers
- uses case-based examples for key educational messages
- includes best practices recommendations
- is free of commercial bias
- is in accordance with AAFP Intellectual Properties (IP) policies
Minimum faculty qualifications include:
- Expertise in the specific subject area
- Knowledge of practice issues and problems related to the subject matter
- Credibility and high regard by the medical community at large
- Experience in teaching methods and learning strategies
- Appreciation for and application of adult learning theory
- Ability to address the learning needs of the target learners
- Ability to deliver education in compliance with current professional codes, standards, laws, or regulations governing CME, continuing professional development, and independent medical education
- Completed Conflict of Interest Form, disclosing any relationships with industry that could pose real or perceived conflicts of interest (Please review Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians CME Policy and Procedures for Full Disclosure and Identification and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest)
The Committee on Education will review the proposals in early 2018, and notification of acceptance will follow.
Click here to complete the Faculty Proposal online or contact the LAFP at 225.923.3313 for more information.