North Louisiana Regional Workshops and Networking Social/Career Fair
Thursday, March 5, 2020
LSU Health - Shreveport
1501 Kings Hwy.
We are excited to offer regional student and resident workshops and a networking social/career fair in 2020!
The first area of scheduled procedure workshops and networking social is March 5, 2020 in Shreveport, LA. This event will connect medical students, family medicine residents, and select industry professionals!
The workshops offered during this event are aimed to not only introduce and allow students to practice physical examination techniques, but also to expose students to different aspects of family medicine. The area residency programs (faculty and residents in training) will lead the workshops and discuss family medicine, their training in the field and their experience practicing in a variety of settings in Louisiana. Topics include suturing, casting and splinting, musculoskeletal ultrasound and video otoscopy.
Also during this event, students and residents will have an opportunity to participate in the networking social and career fair. Explore residency programs in Louisiana and meet with current residents and program directors, ask questions, seek application and interview advice, all in one place. Industry partners are also invited to attend and showcase their companies in the area, as well as talk to residents about job opportunities available.
Ways to Participate
- Register Online to attend the North Louisiana Regional Workshops and Networking Social/Career Fair
- Promote your Residency Program during the Networking Social and Career Fair
- Promote your company or sponsor an event during the Networking Social and Career Fair
Who Should Attend?
- Medical students who are interested in pursuing a career in Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residents
- Family Medicine Residency Program Staff
For questions, please contact the LAFP office by calling (225) 923-3313.