Saturday, June 12, 2021
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Virtually via Zoom
Through this specialized training, incoming chief residents will be equipped with the leadership tools needed to have a successful academic year. The program also establishes a chief resident network so participants can open a peer dialogue to optimize discussion and serve as a touchstone the whole year through.
- Define the key roles and responsibilities for chief residents
- Understand the common challenges faced by chief residents, particularly when first starting the role of chief resident
- Understand the common barriers against leading change and how to overcome those barriers
- Develop an approach to effectively resolve conflicts
- Learn how to provide constructive feedback to peers and superiors
- Develop a plan on how to work effectively with your team of chief residents
- Review common best practices and pitfalls when creating schedules
- Highlight key tools and software that can be utilized to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Establish a network of regional chief resident peers that can serve as a resource during the upcoming year
Proposed Schedule of Events
|9:20 AM||Chief Learning Topics and Discussion Breakouts|
|10:30 AM||Chief Learning Topics and Discussion Breakouts (continued)|
|11:30 AM||Chief Resident Panel and Q&A|
The link to join this virtual meeting will be sent to the email address you registered with during the week of June 7. The workshop will be hosted on Zoom; registrants should create an account and download the program to your device prior to Saturday, June 12.
Registration Deadline and Cancellations
The registration deadline is Friday, June 4. Cancellations must be submitted via email to Lee Ann Albert by Friday, June 4.
For more information, please contact Lee Ann Albert or call 225.923.3313.