The LAFP, in partnership with Ochsner and the BRGMC Family Medicine Residency Program, is hosting a Virtual Grand Rounds on Thursday, November 5th at 6:30 pm.
Nathan Hensler, DO, PGY 3
Vincent Shaw, MD, CAQSM, FAAFP
At the end of the presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Define heat exhaustion, heat Illness, and heat stroke
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat stroke
- Understand the acute management of heat exhaustion, heat Illness, and heat stroke
- Discuss the inpatient treatment of heat stroke
- Discuss the Louisiana High School Athletic Association guidance and Consensus statements regarding acclimatization and prevention of heat illnesses
How to Join the Presentation
We will be using Zoom to broadcast Grand Rounds. If you don't have a personal Zoom account, please sign-up and sign-in before the meeting begins. Zoom registration is FREE.
Join Zoom Meeting: Virtual Grand Rounds
Meeting ID: 919 1748 8207
Attendance is FREE to LAFP members.
The AAFP has reviewed LAFP Grand Rounds Series and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 11/05/2020 to 11/04/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):1.00 In-Person, Live (could include online) AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) -A Tragic Case of Exertional Heat Stroke.
Mark your calendars to attend!