The American Academy of Family Physicians acknowledges and embraces the diversity of its membership. In an effort to strengthen all member voices from within the larger membership as a whole, the AAFP Board of Directors approved the establishment of AAFP member interest groups (MIGs) in 2014 as a way to define, recognize, and engage members who have shared professional interests. There are more than 20 Board-approved MIGs.
Group members have the opportunity to:
- Network with fellow AAFP members
- Participate in interest-specific continuing professional development activities
- Deliver a unified message to AAFP leadership
- Suggest AAFP policy
- Provide input on AAFP policies and positions (upon request)
- Pursue professional leadership development within the AAFP
- Connect to existing AAFP resources
- Meet face-to-face at AAFP’s Family Medicine Experience (FMX)
- Promote AAFP membership.
View the list of current Board-approved MIGs.
To join, visit the individual webpage for a MIG and click on the “Visit the Community” button located on the right side of the webpage to be redirected to the online community for the group. Upon reaching that page, click “Join Group.”