Please note that membership in the AAFP/LAFP requires 150 hours of CME credits to be reported every three year (150 credits must include at least 75 AAFP Prescribed credits). The required 150 credits of approved CME must be earned by December 31 of the year in which your re-election cycle ends.
- As a condition of continued membership, active members are required to report at least 150 credits of approved CME every three calendar years. This period is called a re-election cycle.
- Once members have met the CME requirement, they are “re-elected” to AAFP membership. If re-election requirements are not met, membership is cancelled.
- For AAFP members in their first re-election cycle, the cycle is four calendar years: the year in which they become an active member, plus the next three full calendar years.
- In order to be eligible for re-election, members must earn and report the required CME credits within their re-election cycle. In addition, CME credits must be reported in the year in which they were earned.
Please take a moment to review current your CME transcript and make sure all of your CME hours are reported to the AAFP. In order to continue your AAFP/LAFP membership, you must complete and report your hours by 12/31/2022.
There are a number of activities that you may not realize count for CME credit:
- Do you precept or teach a medical student, nursing student, or other health professions learner? If so, you can report that activity for 20 Prescribed credits each year for a maximum of 60 Prescribed credits.
- Have you taken the Board exam within your current re-election cycle? You can report that activity for 25 elective credits.
- Completing journal quizzes from American Family Physician (AFP) or Family Practice Management (FPM) is another convenient way to earn Prescribed credit.
There are several ways we make it easy to report your CMEs:
- To report CME hours just click on the highlighted area on your transcript below or at www.aafp.org/mycme
- Fax your completed CME reporting form or certificate of participation to (913) 906-6075.
- Contact the LAFP office or the Contact Center directly. We will be happy to assist you.
Don’t go it alone. Call us at (225) 923-3313. Our staff can answer any questions you may have and report your CME for you. If we can be of assistance to you and/or your staff in this process, please let us know. Thank you for your continued membership.
*Please Note: to report online, you will need your member AAFP login credentials