Do you know an exemplary fourth year medical student pursuing a career in Family Medicine or a resident who has offered outstanding leadership to their program and patients and has demonstrated a strong commitment to Family Medicine?
It’s that time of the year again! The Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians is accepting nominations for the following 2022 awards:
- E. Edward Martin, Jr. Family Medicine Award - University of Queensland – Ochsner Clinical School of Medicine Award
- Gerald R. Gehringer Family Medicine Award - LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans
- Michael O. Fleming Family Medicine Award - LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport
- Tulane Family Medicine Excellence Award
- Resident Award of Excellence – One resident award from our Louisiana programs
The LAFP Foundation recognizes one senior student from each of our Louisiana medical schools as well as one of our family medicine residents with an Award of Excellence. Each recipient receives a cash award of $500 and a plaque.
These annual awards recognize the best of the best family medicine residents and students working to become a family physician in the great state of Louisiana. These individuals go above and beyond-the-call-of-duty to promote and share the ideals of family medicine not only to their patients but to their peers.
The criteria, nomination forms and full details can be found online at www.lafp.org. Nominations will be accepted from LAFP active members, faculty and program staff. The deadline for completed packets to reach the LAFP office is March 31, 2022. The LAFP Foundation Board of Directors will make the final selection for each award. The winners will be announced in the Weekly Family Medicine Update.