The Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians is seeking physicians to serve as delegates to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL).
NCCL will be held Tuesday-Thursday, May 9-11, 2023, in Kansas City, MO.
The LAFP is looking for physician members who can represent the following five recognized special constituencies:
- International Medical Graduate (IMG) (an active member of the AAFP who graduated from medical school outside the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico)
- Minority (an active AAFP member who is African American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaska Native, or ethnic Latino)
- New (an active AAFP member who has been in practice less than seven years)
- Women (an active AAFP member who is a woman).
- LGBTQ+ Physician or Ally (an active AAFP member who self-identifies as LGBTQ+ or who is supportive of LGBTQ+ issues)
During NCCL you will meet family physicians from across the United States, discuss and develop resolutions that shape AAFP policies, and have the chance to be elected for various leadership positions for the next NCCL or as a delegate to the annual AAFP Congress of Delegates.
LAFP delegates to NCCL are reimbursed for eligible expenses (with the submission of a delegate report and receipts) according to the LAFP reimbursement policy.
If you are interested in serving as an NCCL delegate, please send an email no later than Friday, December 16 expressing interest in attending.