Louisiana along with 13 chapters of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) developed a three-part continuing medical education (CME) webinar series to recognize that in the midst of chaos, family physicians have a unique opportunity to harness and forge their own financially successful practice management path.
The primary goal of the series was to provide family physicians and their practice teams high-value education on critical practice management issues during this time of unparalleled crisis in American healthcare. By learning to be nimble and adapting to change, practices are capitalizing on innovation like never before – hear how a few family medicine practices are thriving.
- William ‘Chuck’ Thornbury, MD – family physician, Glasgow, KY
- Jen Brull, MD – Post Rock Family Medicine, Plainville, KS
- Greg Griggs, MPA, CAE, Executive Vice President, North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- Learn how front line practices have quickly harnessed telehealth services to optimize practice revenue during this period of extreme health delivery interruption
- Hear practical telehealth strategies that address topics ranging from patient communication and documentation, to workflow and payment processing
- Understand how family physicians and their care teams can successfully incorporate telehealth services permanently into their post-COVID-19 workflow.
Driving Short- and Long-Term Practice Financial Success
June 11, 2020
- Randy Walker, MD, and Angie Walker (office manager), Dr. Randy Walker Family Practice & Allergy Clinic, De Queen, AR
- Marc Price, DO – family physician, Mechanicville, NY
- Tom Banning, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Identify opportunities where practices can cut costs and create revenue infusing needed capital into their practice when they need it most – NOW
- Understand how to build staff capacity so billable events can be streamlined into a financially successful workflow
- Share untapped revenue strategies that practices can incorporate to diversify their practice’s long-term financial health.
The Future of Family Medicine in the Post COVID-19 World
June 25, 2020
- Shawn Martin – Senior Vice President, Advocacy, Practice Advancement and Policy; Incoming Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer (effective August 1, 2020), American Academy of Family Physicians
- Farzad Mostashari, MD – Aledade Co-Founder and CEO; former National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the Department of Health and Human Services; and served as a distinguished expert at the Brookings Institute’s Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform
- Lisa Folberg, Chief Executive Officer, California Academy of Family Physicians
- Reflect on how family physicians stepped forward to meet the challenges posed by COVID-19 and how the pandemic magnified critical gaps and spotlighted unique opportunities for improving our health delivery system
- Learn how prospective, population-based payments for primary care could fundamentally reframe the health care system and bolster the specialty of family medicine
- Understand what the Primary Care Marshall Plan is and what it could mean if implemented for the future of family medicine in the post COVID-19 world.
This Enduring Material activity, Joint Chapter Webinar Series, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the AAFP. Term of approval began May 28, 2020. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you wish to claim CME credit for your participation, please log into your individual portfolio on the AAFP website and search for the CME activity by title. Members will receive up to one enduring material CME credit for this activity.
About Our Sponsors and Partners
Aledade Inc., supported this educational program by providing registration services and assisting with live webinar production and post program archival access. Aledade Inc., did not have any influence in the development of the CME content. Aledade, Inc. is an LAFP Partner in Family Medicine.
Chapters involved in developing the programing include: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia.