LAFP is committed to keeping its membership updated with the most current Medicaid information. Check this page often for the latest Medicare-related news and feel free to contact the LAFP office with any content related questions.
Bayou Health is the portion of the Louisiana Medicaid program that is operated under managed care. All public information concerning the program can be accessed at the Department of Health and Hospitals' website.
The Bayou Health program is operated by five health plans. The plans are the following:
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- United Healthcare Community Plan
Provider Call for Information
Bayou Health Informational Bulletins
The Department of Health and Hospitals has created a set of information bulletins that contain guidance on many of the most common Bayou Health issues. These bulletins can be accessed by clicking here.
Bayou Health Reports
The Department of Health and Hospitals has made publicly available some limited reports on the Bayou Health Program.
Complaints About Bayou Health
There are three ways to register complaints about the Bayou Health program.
- Complaints can be sent directly to DHH by clicking here.
- Provider Complaint Escalation Chart for Health Plans - The Bayou Health contracts with DHH require that each plan operate a toll-free telephone line to respond to provider questions, comments, and inquiries. This line is required to be staffed from 7 am to 7 pm CT Monday through Friday. In addition, the plans are required to maintain a Provider Complaint System for physicians to dispute health plan policies, procedures, or any aspect of the plan’s administrative functions. This chart has the requisite contact information.