- Be recognized as the primary advocate for members and patients
- Be viewed as the most trusted voice on family medicine issues with state legislators, media and professional health organizations
- Serve as a leading source for patient‐centered medical home education and support in Louisiana
- Be the model for organized medicine on the regional, state and national level through visionary leadership.
The mission of the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians is to promote and support Louisiana's family physicians in providing excellent health care, service and leadership.
Member Value Statement
Established in 1947, the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians (LAFP) is one of the state’s largest primary care organizations, with more than 1,600 member physicians, residents and medical students throughout the State of Louisiana. The mission of the LAFP is to promote and support Louisiana's family physicians in providing excellent health care and to provide a unified voice for family medicine. Our focus every day is to help family physicians spend more time doing what they do best: providing quality and cost-effective patient care. The LAFP delivers value to its members through each of its strategic priorities.
Objective 1: Advocacy
- Preserve and strengthen the leadership of family medicine
Objective 2: Practice Support
- Provide support to members in fulfilling their practice and career goals
Objective 3: Education
- Provide high quality education for family physicians in all practice styles
Objective 4: Membership and Communications
- Ensure relationship with members is relevant, valued and communicated
Objective 5: Operations
- Maintain a strong, sustainable Academy accountable for supporting the membership