- Members who are incapacitated by reason of illness, accident or infirmity.
- Members who are completely retired with less than twenty years continued membership.
- Active, resident and (FP) supporting members who interrupt their practice or residency training due to extenuating circumstances.
- Inactive members shall be given privileges of the floor of the General Assembly without the right to vote, not be entitled to hold office in the LAFP and not have a voice in standing committees .
- May have floor at Assembly but may not vote or hold office.
Continuing Study Requirements
General Membership Information
- LAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to the LAFP chapter. The AAFP has a chapter for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Members are also required to belong to a local chapter, if one exists in their area.
- LAFP membership makes it convenient for LAFP members to access relevant information and focused resources right where you live and work. The LAFP offers local opportunities to network, mentor, volunteer, take a leadership role, and get involved in the LAFP/AAFP.