- Improve understanding of effective advocacy
- Increase sustainable political relationships
- Educate members on how to effectively communicate with the media and community leaders
- Provide members with the opportunity to discuss with their legislators the issues affecting family medicine, their practice and their patients
These members will be trained to create lasting bonds with legislators in their districts. The Institute is comprised of several components that you can get involved and participate in the advocacy process.
- Become a Key Contact
- Volunteer to be Family Physician of the Day
- Attend White Coat Day at the Capitol
Click here to view the most recent bill positions from the LAFP Board of Directors and LAFP Legislative Committee. Please note these positions are the official position of the Louisiana Academy Family Physicians as decided by our Board of Directors.