Any Active, Life or Inactive member, with dues and re-elections in good standing, may, upon application to the American Academy of Family Physicians, be elected to receive the Degree of Fellow upon fulfilling the following requirements:
- Member must have held Active membership for six years, or held a combination of Resident and Active membership for a total of six years.
- Accrue a grand total of 100 points as defined by this application. Cite experiences and activities in the following areas: Life-Long Learning, Practice Quality and Improvement,
- Volunteer Teaching, Public Service, Publishing and Research, and Service to the Specialty.
- Submit a one-time fee of $210. (Note: Credit card will be charged at the time the application is submitted. If the application is rejected, a full refund will be issued.)
- to provide comprehensive and continuing health care to my patients, placing their welfare above all else;
- to exemplify and substantiate the highest traditions of my profession through an informed and scientific practice of Family Medicine,
- and to strive for professional enrichment through a rigorous program of continuing education.
I pledge my full participation and talents to the fulfillment of these objectives because they are the principles upon which the Academy was founded and because by so doing, I can better serve my profession, myself and mankind.