South Louisiana Regional Student Workshops
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
East Jefferson General Hospital Conference Center
First Floor - Hospital
4200 Houma Blvd
Metairie, LA 70006
We are excited to offer regional student workshops in 2022!
The scheduled procedure workshops is April 6, 2022 in New Orleans, LA. This event will connect medical students, family medicine residents, and residency program staff!
The workshops offered during this event are aimed to not only introduce and allow students to practice physical examination techniques, but also to expose students to different aspects of family medicine. The area residency programs (faculty and residents in training) will lead the workshops and discuss family medicine, their training in the field and their experience practicing in a variety of settings in Louisiana.
Procedure Workshops Include
- Punch Biopsy – FMOLHS
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound – Lake Charles Family Residency Program
- Joint Injection – Lafayette Family Medicine Residency Program
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception – Kenner Family Medicine Residency Program
- Joint Suture Workshop – East Jefferson Family Medicine Residency Program
Ways to Participate
- Register Online to attend the South Louisiana Regional Workshops
Who Should Attend?
- Medical students who are interested in pursuing a career in Family Medicine
For questions, please contact the LAFP office by calling (225) 923-3313.