It's that time of year again! Do you know a colleague, who is a member of the LAFP, who exemplifies the finer attributes of a family medicine physician? One who is engaged in community affairs as well as provides compassionate, comprehensive and caring family medicine on a continuing basis? If so, it's time to submit your nomination!
The Family Physician of the Year Award is one of the LAFP's highest honors. Help us bring recognition and visibility to a deserving family physician that serves and benefits the profession, the specialty and the community. For the award criteria and to download the nomination form, please visit the LAFP website by clicking here. Nominations and supporting documents are due in the Academy office no later than March 31, 2023.
The announcement of the winner will be made at the LAFP's 76th Annual Assembly and Exhibition in New Orleans, LA to be held July 20 - 23, 2023, during the Awards and Installation Ceremony.
The Louisiana Academy Family Physician of the Year will automatically become the LAFP's nominee for the AAFP Family Physician of the Year award in the following year.
The nomination packet must contain the following:
- Completed nomination form (2 page PDF).
- Current curriculum vitae (limited to three pages).
- Maximum of eight pages of supporting documentation. Please note the following rules:
- If more than eight pages are received, only the first eight pages will be used. Note: supporting documentation does not include the nomination form or curriculum vitae.
- No double-sided pages will be accepted.
- Please do not reduce more than two letters to a page. Nomination packets with more than two letters per page will not be accepted.
- All pages must be photocopy-ready and of reproducible quality. Newspaper articles, odd-sized pieces of paper, etc., must be copied onto an unfolded, 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Anything that is not photocopy-ready will not be used.
Electronic and hard copy nominations will be accepted. If submitting electronically, please scan the nomination form and all supporting documentation to one PDF file. Hard copy submissions also will be accepted. If mailing, please do not fold the materials. The packet should be mailed flat with no staples. No two-sided copies, please.
The nominations along with the supporting documentation as detailed above are due to the LAFP office by March 31st.
Nominations, along with all supporting materials and documentation, can be emailed or mailed to:
Executive Vice President
Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians
919 Tara Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70806