- The Award will be known as the "Resident Award of Excellence" for outstanding leadership and scholarly accomplishments in the field of family medicine.
- The Award will consist of an appropriately inscribed plaque.
- The LAFP Foundation will determine if a cash award will be offered in conjunction to the plaque.
- Candidates for the "Resident Award of Excellence" may be nominated by full-time faculty of Louisiana's Family Medicine Residency Programs or by any active member of the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians.
- Letters of recommendation should accompany nominations from a member of the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians or the family medicine residency program faculty.
- The LAFP Foundation Board will make final selection of the recipient of the "Resident Award of Excellence". The award is to be given to one resident. The award does not have to be given annually if there is no suitable candidate.
- The LAFP staff will order the plaque to be available for presentation at the graduation ceremony by the date as determined by the program of the resident receiving the award.
- The President of the LAFP or his designated officer representative shall present the award, if possible.
- The Award Recipient will be recognized at the Installation & Awards Ceremony during the LAFP Annual Assembly.
Candidates for the "Resident Award of Excellence" should be:
- A resident graduating from a Louisiana Family Medicine Resident Program.
- An individual who has demonstrated interest in practicing family medicine upon graduation.
- A person who has shown evidence of active leadership in family medicine activities.
- A person who has demonstrated evidence of superior scholastic achievement.
- Be a resident member in good standing of the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians and the American Academy of Family Physicians.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS CONSIDERED TO REFLECT THE SELECTION CRITERIA MAY INCLUDE:
- Participation in the Resident Student Leadership Committee
- Such individual should be readily identified by the faculty and staff as enthusiastic and interested in promoting family medicine.
- Such person must have shown scholarly accomplishment in family medicine by the development of a research project or publication of a scientific paper.
- Such individual should be a participant in Louisiana family medicine activities at the state or national level.
The nominations packet must contain the following:
- Completed nomination form (1 page PDF)
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty of the resident program or an LAFP active member
The nominations along with the supporting documentation as detailed above are due to the LAFP office by March 31, 2021. Electronic and hard copy nominations will be accepted. If submitting electronically, please scan the nomination form and all supporting documentation to one PDF file. Hard copy submissions also will be accepted. If mailing, please do not fold the materials. The packet should be mailed flat with no staples. No two-sided copies, please.
Nominations, along with all supporting materials and documentation, can be emailed or mailed to:
Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians
919 Tara Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70806